What is a “Best Before Date”?
As you are aware, Brexit has brought its challenges with importing products from Germany. This affects the best-before dates of fresh products.
Where fresh items have a shorter “Best Before Date”, we have listed this date next to the product, so you can decide if you are happy with this date.
A “Best Before Date” is not an “Expiry Date” or “Use By Date”
"Best before" dates are about quality, not safety. When the date is passed, it doesn't mean that the food will be harmful, but it might begin to lose its flavour and texture.
Every year, we throw away 7.2 million tonnes of food and drink in the UK, most of which could have been eaten. So think carefully before throwing away food past its "best before" date.
Foods that have a best before date can legally be sold after that date provided the food is fit for human consumption.
The delivery date of your parcel may be after the “Best Before Date” of the products in your basket. So double check you are happy to proceed. By completing your purchase, you are accepting the “Best Before Dates” as listed, whether these are before or after the delivery date.
In the Special Offers section on our website, you can buy products past its best before date at a discounted price, as we believe it would be a waste to throw away food.
German Deli Team
A great gift for anyone who loves German food
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
1. Gift vouchers may be redeemed by calling the office on 020 8985 800 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
3. Gift vouchers have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for further gift vouchers.
4. Gift vouchers must be redeemed in full on a single purchase. No balance is payable or transferable.
5. All standard German Deli Ltd terms and conditions apply: https://germandeli.co.uk/terms-conditions
6. The gift voucher must be redeemed by placing an order within 12 months of the issue date.
7. Vouchers will be subject to verification at time of presentation and we reserve the right not to accept any Vouchers that have or appear to have been forged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
8. We accept no responsibility for lost or stolen Vouchers and such vouchers shall not be refunded.
9. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the UK.
10. German Deli Ltd vouchers are intended only for use by UK residents and the voucher refund payment can only be made to a UK bank account.